Infusing sugar syrup with fresh thyme gives this vodka lemonade sophisticated, seasonal flair.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2003
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 24 lemons
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups vodka
1. In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups water with the sugar and thyme; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature.
2. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large glass measuring cup; discard thyme. You should have 2 cups syrup. Cover with plastic; chill.
3. In a large serving pitcher, stir together lemon juice, vodka, and chilled syrup; garnish with thyme. Divide evenly among eight tumblers filled with ice; serve immediately.