Autumn Skin Care Tips
As the weather cools so should your skin care regimen. Follow our 5 simple tips to keep your skin glowing through the fall and winter months.
1. Use a heavier moisturizer. Moisturizing skin is one of the most important things to keeping it looking youthful and healthy. Moisturize body immediately after your bath/shower, and moisturize your face morning and night.
2. Hydrate from within. As always, drink up. (H2O, that is). Strive for at least 8 glasses of water each day, more if you exercise, drink coffee and/or alcohol.
3. Slough off the old. At least weekly, do a good head-to-toe exfoliation. It's good to do this daily, also, with a loofah in the shower.
4. Protect. Even though you're not hanging out at the beach anymore, you should still wear sunscreen on exposed areas (think: Face, neck, arms). Also, protect your skin from dry, cool air with gloves and scarves.
5. Get your rest. Getting a good night's rest is crucial to healthy skin, as it provides time for recovery and renewal. Aim for eight hours each night.